Creative Motion Designer (Remote-Office Hybrid)
YOU’RE A leading SOCIAL-FIRST CREATIVE WHO WANTS TO deliver growth for some of the finest direct-to-consumer eCommerce brands.
WHO ARE BARK?
We’re a specialist remote-first performance marketing agency, with one aim: help businesses grow.
Practically, we do this with best-in-class Meta and Google ads; attribution; forecasting; analytics; strategic consultancy; and performance-first creative!
We’re a Premium Meta Partner and are currently in the line up for Google Partnership too.
Over the past two years, we’ve grown in size and reputation extremely quickly by hiring talented people who truly care about getting results for the businesses we partner with, then providing them with the tools, support and training they need to excel.
We’re a small team that packs a punch and currently manages over 2x the annual spend of the “big 6” agencies on social alone.
Because of our significant growth without traditional PR or marketing, allowing our work to do the talking for us and growing purely on strong word of mouth, we’ve been referred to internally at Meta as “the Tesla of agencies”. A little cringey but we’ll take the comparison.
Our vision is for Bark to be a vehicle for our team to achieve what they want to achieve: personal & professional. We’ll support them all in whatever that might be and recognise that it’s our job as an employer to give our team every opportunity to make their goals a reality.
We’re looking for a Creative to join us who is excited about taking on a new challenge and quickly growing with us as a business. This is a rare opportunity to join a department at ground level as we flesh out our already in-demand and rapidly evolving creative offering.
If you have a passion for thumb-stopping motion, discovering social trends, capturing an audience, building businesses, and are keen to have a lot of fun doing it – this is the role for you.
Day to day you will work closely with our Creative Lead making content for our clients’ paid social advertising channels. Driven by the data that our wider team specialises in, this content will be optimised for peak ad-performance.
Motion-design is a requirement, but you should also be comfortable with still imagery. While support is always on-hand, you will be offered a level of independence from the get-go.
We’re looking for someone:
- With 1-2 years of industry experience
- You will be given a certain degree of autonomy over your clients, it’s important to us that this is something you are confident with.
- Deeply interested in social-media and how it can be harnessed to help businesses grow.
- Skilled in Adobe Creative Cloud
- After Effects & Photoshop are a must-have.
- Illustrator & Premiere are a bonus.
- You will be in charge of managing your own deadlines and workload. We will never ask you to do more than you are capable of, but you must be able to take charge of communicating this with the team.
- Switched-on, ambitious, and full of spark.
- Keen to learn!
- In a rapidly evolving landscape nothing stays the same for too long. An eagerness to learn, develop, and adapt your skills is vital.
We do a fair amount of company socials, hangouts, breaks, events and meet-ups (Covid permitting) and you’ll be expected to have fun and create some of the best work of your career. But it’s important to recognise things won’t always be a walk in the park. We expect a lot from each other, particularly given we’re a hybrid business where results do the talking.
Here are some things you should know about how we work and what we expect as a team:
- Work smart and do work you’re proud of.
- Your time is your own. Manage it well.
- Our clients are our partners, always do the right thing for them.
- Embrace failure, we learn the most when we make mistakes.
- Get involved and enjoy yourself.
99% of our clients are direct to consumer eCommerce brands and typically fall somewhere into the below categories:
- Fashion, apparel, jewellery
- Plants, greetings & misc. gifts
- Sports & fitness
Many are venture capital backed. Many are bootstrapped, founder owned & run. They all trust us to lead their growth.
Importantly, we have no siloed sales team whose incentives are misaligned to the business – wanting to get anyone and everyone through the door. We ensure every client we sign is thoroughly vetted before we even offer to take them on.
Here’s our criteria:
- They’ve got to pass the “drinks test”. Would we want to hang out with them and have a drink or are they going to be awkward, difficult, demanding and no fun to work with?
- They’ve got to have a product(s) and brand we can get excited about as a team.
- They’ve got to be a proven concept and making sales already. Too many businesses think advertising will solve their issues, when in actual fact they need to work on their model, positioning, brand and offering before sending lots of traffic to the site.
- They’ve got to want to grow and be in a position to support that growth. We partner with businesses to scale their customer acquisition, not just to push buttons in ad accounts.
If they pass all these criteria then we’ll offer to help, but only if we’re not already at capacity.
We’ve gone against the typical agency model and hired an extremely senior to mid-level team first. Logic being, it’s important to build a firm foundation: be in a position to actually provide a great service to clients, and provide upskilling opportunities to the wider team as we grow.
All of our team are incredibly strong on data, communication, creative & DTC strategy. As a team, they ensure our clients’ advertising is profitable, efficient and scalable, and work closely with each client on creative strategy & briefs. They have a huge amount of freedom to advise the clients on what they should be doing, and have our full backing; as will you.
Focus: as a business we currently offer three core services:
- Paid Social and Paid Search advertising
- Data & Analytics
- Performance Creative: from pre-production right through to shoots, post production and asset repurposing.
Each of our team members is empowered to be a cross-channel specialist. Everyone works and communicates closely with each other at all levels of the business.
> Remote / office working hybrid
> London office
- Near Old Street Roundabout
- Roof terrace
- Cafe & bar
- Table tennis
- Bike storage
- Gym, showers, meditation room
> Performance based bonus scheme
> New business bonus scheme
> 25 days’ holiday
> Learning and development budget (books, courses, events etc.)
> Pension scheme (3% employer, up to 5% employee)
> As a Premium Meta Partner, you’ll get direct access to Meta for confidential first-dibs insights on new tools and media buying approaches, certifications, sponsored events and a whole host of exclusive networking, learning and development benefits for you and your clients
> A load of perks. Exclusive discounts and rewards at over 30,000 brands, cinemas & retailers for you + up to 10 family or friends
> Work Macbook & second screen
> Full home office set-up
> Salary depending on experience
WHAT THE TEAM ARE SAYING
“A company that really cares about its employees, with loads of room for progression and development. No silly long hours – I never find myself working super late like many other agencies expect – a great team, everyone is a true professional as well as being kind and fun to work with. Always plans for a drink/social, team vibes are great!”
“Friendly and rewarding place to work. Unlike other agencies, the clients that are onboarded are picked and we are able to work with them as partners rather than people just to build and optimise ads. It is also a great place to progress with regular pay rises and a clear path to progress.
There is also regular constructive feedback with managers as well as the opportunity to learn new platforms. The business as such is growing fast which is super exciting to be a part of, it’s doubled in size since I joined and with no signs of slowing down it’s an exciting future ahead.”
Thanks for taking the time to read this and learning about Bark.London. If you’re excited by the opportunity and fit the bill, please get in touch – we’d love to meet you.